A diary of happenings at Chanters Lodge, Livingstone, Zambia with reflections on Zambia and personal matters too
OLD FOLK DOWN UNDER
Some more radical suggestions from Judy in Perth as to how to sort out Australia!
Let's put the pensioners in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.
- have access to showers, hobbies and walks.
- receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc
- receive money instead of paying it out.
- have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.
- have bedding washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.
- have a guard to check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.
- have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.
- have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counseling, pool and education.
- have simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid free on request.
- private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens
- have a PC, TV, radio and daily phone calls
- have a board of directors to hear complaint
- the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.
The criminals, on the other hand:
- would get cold food,
- be left all alone and unsupervised,
- lights off at 8pm,
- showers once a week,
- live in a tiny room,
- pay $600.00 per week, - and have no hope of ever getting out!
Posted: 19 February 2012 at 05:08