Some more radical suggestions from Judy in Perth as to how to sort out Australia!
Let’s put the pensioners in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.
– have access to showers, hobbies and walks.
– receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc
– receive money instead of paying it out.
– have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.
– have bedding washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.
– have a guard to check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.
– have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.
– have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counseling, pool and education.
– have simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ’s and legal aid free on request.
– private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens
– have a PC, TV, radio and daily phone calls
– have a board of directors to hear complaint
– the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.
The criminals, on the other hand:
– would get cold food,
– be left all alone and unsupervised,
– lights off at 8pm,
– showers once a week,
– live in a tiny room,
– pay $600.00 per week,
– and have no hope of ever getting out!