Here’s a nice one from Lee Colan (above) writing in Inc Magazine
“As an author, the question, “May I quote you?” is a humbling request and a great compliment. For anyone who is in search of leadership excellence a good quote is fuel for your team and your journey. It’s amazing how a short, simple quotation can quickly provide perspective, inspiration, comfort, motivation or insight. What a wonderful return for our invested time! Take 10 seconds each morning to read a new quote and our day, maybe even our world, is changed.
I wanted to share a few of my favorite leadership quotes:
• “To add value to others, one must first value others.” – John Maxwell
• “A company is stronger if it is bound by love rather than by fear.” – Herb Kelleher
• “In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.” – Yogi Berra
• “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
• “Those who let things happen usually lose to those who make things happen.” – Dave Weinbaum
• “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
• “In a moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Lee added some of his own but I’ll save those for a future post and chuck in a few of my favourites as well!