This from HotelMarketing.com
Over the past few months, Twitter has experienced explosive growth. Social media analytics companies Sysomos conducted an extensive study on 11.5 million Twitters accounts to document Twitter’s growth and how people are using it.
– 72.5% of all users joining during the first five months of 2009.
– 85.3% of all Twitter users post less than one update/day
– 21% of users have never posted a Tweet
– 93.6% of users have less than 100 followers, while 92.4% follow less than 100 people.
– 5% of Twitter users account for 75% of all activity
– New York has the most Twitters users, followed by Los Angeles, Toronto, San Francisco and Boston; while Detroit was the fast-growing city over the first five months of 2009
– More than 50% of all updates are published using tools, mobile and Web-based, other than Twitter.com. TweetDeck is the most popular non-Twitter.com tool with 19.7% market share.
– There are more women on Twitter (53%) than men (47%)
– Of the people who identify themselves as marketers, 15% follow more than 2,000 people. This compares with 0.29% of overall Twitter users who follow more than 2,000 people.
There you are then! Find me on Twitter