Some more travel agent stories for you! The photo? A hipppo, what else?!
– A lady called needing to know how it was possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:20am and arrived in Chicago at 8:33am. The agent explain that Michigan was an hour ahead of llinois, but the Client couldn’t understand the concept of time zones. Finally she was told that the plane went very fast, which she accepted!
– A woman called and asked, “Do airlines put your physical description on your bag so they know who’s luggage belongs to who?” “No, why?” The agent asked. The Client replied, “Well, when I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggage that said FAT, and I’m overweight, is there any connection?” The agent explained that the city code for Fresno is FAT, and that the airline was just putting a destination tag on her luggage.
– A Client asked, “How do I know which plane to get on?” When asked what he meant he replied, “I was told my flight number is 823, but none of these darn planes have numbers on them.”
– A woman called needing to “fly to Pepsi-cola on one of those computer planes.” When asked if she meant she needed to fly to Pensacola on a commuter plane. She said, “Yeah, whatever.”
– A businessman called and had a question about the documents he needed in order to fly to China. Following a lengthy discussion about passports, he was reminded he needed a visa. “Oh no I don’t” he said “I’ve been to China many times and never had to have one of those.” The agent double checked and sure enough, the Client’s stay required a visa. When told he said, “Look, I’ve been to China four times and every time they’ve accepted my American Express.”
– A woman called to make reservations, “I want to go from Chicago to Hippopotamus, New York” The agent was at a loss for words. Finally, the agent asked: “Are you sure that’s the name of the town?” “Yes, what flights do you have?” replied the customer. After some searching, the agent came back with, “I’m sorry, ma’am, I’ve looked up every airport code in the country and can’t find a Hippopotamus anywhere.” The customer retorted, “Oh don’t be silly. Everyone knows where it is. Check your map!” The agent scoured a map of the state of New York and finally offered, “You don’t mean Buffalo, do you?” “That’s it! I knew it was a big animal!”
Have a great weekend!